Great Northern Minerals is pleased to announce the commencement of its maiden drilling campaign at the Camel Creek Gold Project located approximately 200km west of Townsville in North Queensland.
- First drilling at Camel Creek since 2006 with no modern exploration undertaken.
- Camel Creek being the largest system of the three GNM gold mines.
- Gold price hitting historic highs, passing US$1,900 an ounce.
The RC drilling campaign at Camel Creek will consist of 15 holes for approximately 2,180 metres and is designed to follow up better intersections from the floor of open pits that include:
- 12m @ 8.4 g/t Au from 0m (Hole GA343)
- 22m @ 2.94 g/t Au from 8m (Hole GA336)
- 9m @ 10.4 g/t Au from 6m (Hole GA276)
Experienced drillers, Eagle Drilling have been contracted to carry out the campaign with hole depths expected to range from 80 to 180 metres. Initial assays results are expected toward the end of August.
For more information see the full ASX announcement here